RISDA is a federal government agency under the Ministry of Rural and Regional Development (KKLW) and was established on 1 January 1973 under the powers passed by Parliament. The Government looked at essential to create a policy and a new strategy for the promotion of smallholder sector and based on this, RISDA was established. RISDA is responsible for all aspects of the development of the smallholder sector. These include modernizing the smallholders to make full use of the results of research and development of the technique in rubber cultivation and processes it and so working with MARDEC hold an efficient marketing system for smallholders. But very importantly is fostering new attitudes and modern concept for the smallholder sector in accordance with the situation today.
- To implement development policies and programs to ensure the growth and viability of the smallholder sector rubber industry;
- To plan, coordinate, implement and monitor the Scheme provided and approved under the provisions of Part VI of the RISDA Act 1972;
- To provide technical services, advice, training and education programs to the smallholder sector;
- To collect and manage statistics or information necessary and maintain records relating to the smallholder sector;
- To plan and implement any other activities that may improve the social and economic well-being of smallholders;
- To ensure that the smallholder sector is modernized to improve the social and economic well-being of smallholders;
- To do any other things that enable it to perform it's functions effectively or incidental to the performance of it's functions.
UCAM is a RISDA owned companies established in 1993 under the Companies Act 1965 and the Private Higher Educational Institutions Act 1996. Campus UCAM is in Alor Gajah, Malacca with an area of 150 acres.
Its missions are offers study programs in accordance with the requirements of the market, conduct research and development in agriculture and other related fields and serving the community through the involvement of the relevant public events.
UCAM aims to become a broad academic institutions to produce human capital that is knowledgeable, qualified and competent as especially in Halal Industry.